The basic objective of the Action Plan for the provision of information and publicity is the fullest possible updating and sensitizing of the potential interested parties and ultimate beneficiaries as well as of the public opinion, at a central and regional level, about the targets, directions, priorities and actions of the Operational Programme “Information Society” and the role of the European Union in it with the use of a selected range of communicative actions and promotion means.
With the implementation of the action plan for the provision of information and publicity of the Operational Programme “Information Society” a single and integrated system is produced with planned actions and activities with the use of all the appropriate methods and means and with the aim of publicising the benefits arising from the application of the Community Support Framework and creating consent and acceptance by the public, the users, the beneficiaries, the involved bodies, the interested public groups, up to the last citizen.
The public which the Action Plan for the provision of information and publicity of the Operational Programme “Information Society” addresses is divided into two basic categories.
The first category includes:
- The whole of the population of adult men and women
- The participants in the Educational Community (teachers and students)
- Businessmen, especially of the Small and Medium sized Enterprises
- The employees of the Small and Medium sized Enterprises and Public Services
- The unemployed
- The people who carry out transactions with public services
- The professional groups whose action is related to the communications and new technologies field
- People with special needs and vulnerable population groups, people threatened by electronic exclusion
The second category includes:
- All the bodies of the Public and Private Sectors implementing individual projects of the Programme
- All social and sectoral bodies operating as conveyors of transferring critical information for the communication of the Programme.
- All the representatives of the Press and public opinion shapers who operate as intensifiers of the messages and the benefits arising from the implementation of the Programme at a regional and national level.
In this framework, the communication objectives of the Operational Programme “Information Society” focus on the following:
- Updating of the potential ultimate beneficiaries and recipients
- Publicising the programme and updating about its action fields
- Establishing a positive climate for its acceptance and support
- Contributing to a more friendly and effective image of the state
- Updating and sensitising the services of the public and supervised bodies
The basic condition in order to achieve the communicative objectives of the Operational Programme “Information Society” is:
- the creation of a recognisable and positive image of the Operational Programme;
- the generation of a main message – promise about the social benefit arising from its implementation;
- the communication with the public using the public’s language and special characteristics for the public’s needs.