Best Practices of Projects
The following criteria are mentioned in order to characterize a project implemented in the framework of the 3rd CSF as “best practice”:
1. Main criteria
Innovation/ originality. The action includes innovation/ originality elements as regards one or more of the following factors:
- The scope of the intervention (creation of new products and services)
- The implementation methodology (e.g. administrative structures, procedures, methods, organization forms)
- The kind of corporal relations it creates as regards the extent of the partners’ participation in the corporate relationship and the participation mechanisms and procedures during the project/ action from the planning to its implementation
- The activation of the target- population and the way it is achieved
- The mobilisation of local bodies
- The utilisation of new technologies for the increase in the effectiveness of the programme
- The achievement of institutional innovations
Results/ impacts. The action brings on considerable developmental results which meet the actual need of the area/ population:
- The improvement of competitiveness of the local economy
- The expansion of the market (creation of requirements for the expansion of the market of local products or services)
- The added value in the local and regional development
- The proven increase in the productivity of a field
- The proven strengthening of entrepreneurship
- The combination of investments with integrated training programmes or/ and other business plans of technological and organisational modernisation
- The strengthening of the society of knowledge
- The creation/ maintenance of quality jobs
- The reduction of transportation time/ cost in the movement of products and services
- The abolition of inequalities with the promotion of equal opportunities for men and women or/ and the incorporation of socially excluded population groups
- The improvement of the environment or quality life
2. Supplementary / optional criteria
Repetitiveness. The intervention can be a model for similar actions in another geographical/ organizational environment.
Viability/ continuity (sustainability). The securing of continuity mechanisms for the action after the end of the initial financing.
Priority must be given to projects that are associated to the Lisbon 10-year strategic goals (as they were determined in 2000 by the European Council and were updated in 2005), that is, mainly to competitiveness, extrovert development of the market, innovation, “knowledge based economy”, the creation of a more attractive framework for investments and working people, the creation of more and better jobs as well as the social and environmental renewal.
It is also noted that what is defined as best practice can differ from country to country and environment to environment.