“Digital Future”: 786 investment projects have been approved whose cost amounts to € 154 million
As announced by Mr. Sioufas, 941 business plans were submitted whose budget amounts to € 298 million and the financing of 786 investment plans – proposals (rate of 83.5%) has been approved whose total budget amounts to € 154 million and the total public expenditure to € 72 million. Out of these investment plans – proposals, 464 pertain to the region of Attica and 322 to the other regions of the country.
The new Programme “Digital Future” concerns the modernization of medium-sized mainly enterprises. The proposals to be included in the programme will be financed by 45-55% of their total approved budget.
The Programme’s goal is to encourage the digital operation of the Greek small and medium-sized enterprises through technological investments that will contribute to the increase of their competitiveness and utilization of the opportunities provided by the Information Society.
This programme’s target group is the upcoming small and medium enterprises (15 - 250) involved in the sectors of processing, tourism, trade/ commerce and services.
Within the Programme’s framework, special investment plans of small and medium enterprises are financed for their introduction in the Digital Economy by means of:
- Improvement of the information management and integrated electronic support of intra-business and inter-business processes.
- Creation and utilization of electronic content as the main catalyst for the substantial introduction of these enterprises in the Information Society.
- Development of intra-business infrastructures to support their expansion of works.
The Secretary General of Industry Spiros Papadopoulos noted that 786 enterprises included in the Programme are getting financing support of € 93,000 in average (47% approximately of the total budget of the respective programme), “amount which is considered satisfactory enough to contribute to the substantial improvement of their electronic facilities and infrastructures”.
These enterprises come from the following sectors:
- Processing: 30.9%
- Trade: 38.7%
- Services: 30.4%
The programme’s implementation and absorption of funds is planned to be effected in line with the following time schedule:
- From 1/-30/7/07 – Arrangement of agreements – project implementation by enterprises by 60%
- From 1/8-31/12/07 – Payment of financing by 45 - 50%, i.e. absorption of € 35 - 40 million. Within the same time period, implementation of the natural object by the remaining enterprises. During this period, the completion of disbursals of B Cycle is expected by means of payment of € 5 million at least.
- From 1/1 - 30/3/08 – Completion of all works.
- From 1/1 - 30/6/08 – Completion of the payment of funding, i.e. payment of the remaining € 35 - 40 million.
As noted by Mr. Papadopoulos, the “Digital Future” Programme will be wholly completed (implementation – absorption) within one year and a half.
Read the detailed allocation of investment proposals per region in the electronic address of knowhow.gr.